As a global political dilemma, contemporary politics becomes cluttered due to power and money. Most instances of fraud politics have been manipulated by cash. Folks have been bribed to throw their ballots in favor of their erring candidate throughout the election. Though not all have been intimidated by the amount, surveys verified that many voters crowned the politicians using their votes in exchange for the favor they obtained.
Supplying money to the populace, inside and under the poverty line, would be really a messy strategy. The tainted will keep on doing so strategy to guard their private interests. On the most they could perform, they won’t ever give up their thrones while at electricity and will continue to stay powerful. In power, they are able to do whatever they need beyond what’s needed by the legislation like nepotism, dynasty such as corruption, move, inequality, and the likes.
Due to cash and greediness for power, coercion, intimidation, cheating, killing, and a wide range of dishonesty or unlawfulness are grieve problems through elections. People who go from the powerful and corrupt, often find themselves in good difficulty that could sometimes wind up with premature death because of torture, ambush, along even murder. Stress to endure the truth will completely mute the matter. It may not be washed unless there’s God at the core of every person.
Treated as societal cancer these days, filthy politics would likely always be a danger to liberty and democracy. Many countries are suffering at the hands of filthy politicians. The market is coated with anomalies inciting elevated crime rates and social unrest. As well as the worst situation that may likely encounter inside the problem of abuse is that whatever legal will become prohibited.
It is important to study about how politics work in our society. This is a Social Science that systematically study government and politics. It helps us understand political behavior. It is often defined as who gets the power to rule or lead.
Why should we study Political Science?
First and foremost, political science is fascinating. It talks about people. Politics impact our lives directly and indirectly whether we are aware of it or not. Just like when there is a crime we call the police to help us, this is government. Or when there is fire, one calls the fire department, that’s also government. Almost all aspects in the society is governed by the Government, the military, civil liberties and our rights. Political Science can help you better analyze current events. It can help you formulate and strengthen your arguments. It develops are critical thinking skills.
Why Study Political Science?
Political Science is a broad discipline. Some of this include the discussion about National, State and Local Government.
To better understand this we need to understand and study some of political sciences sub-disciplines:
- International Relations is also another political science discipline. This is when we study about how the government in the International system react with one another. When you study about International relations you will have to be aware of the following topics:
- Human Rights
- International Relations Theories
- Military Power
- Foreign Policy
- Political Theory or Political Philosophy. In this course one gets to study and understand the great thinkers throughout human history who have grappled about tough political and philosophical questions about politics. This discipline will also discuss about all the various ideas in Government like Capitalism, Feminism, Socialism, Communism and many more.
- Comparative Government and Politics. This discipline discusses various political system around the world. There are two major approaches to tackle this study:
- Thematic Approach: This approach aims to study the various broad themes that will help us understand the various political systems around the world such as revolutions and nationalism.
- Country by Country Approach: This approach aims to study the various countries in the world and their political systems, domestic politics and domestic political issues within that particular country.
- Research Methodology or Quantitative Analysis. This is the Science part of Political Science. This includes the study of numbers to understand, explain and predict political behavior.
There are many things that an individual can do with a political science major in terms of career options.
One can become any of the following:
- One can work for the government both National and Local.
- You can work for the United Nations or other international Government organizations.
- You can work for a non-profit sector such as the Peace Corps
- With a vast knowledge in Political Science you can be the next president or senator or a government official of your nation.
- You can be a teacher or professor. You can teach political science to students
- You can be a diplomat.
- You can apply this in your business.
If you like to learn more about your legal rights, the constitution and the Government then Political Science might be for you. Do you want to know which Hogwarts House you belong to. Take this simple quiz to find out: https://quizlagoon.com/quiz/harry-potter-house-quiz-ravenclaw/
In Political Science, the research branch of participation research focuses on political participation. Political participation includes those behaviors of citizens who, as a group or on their own, voluntarily want to influence political decisions at different levels of the political system. A distinction is made between conventional and unconventional forms of political participation. Decades of participation research have developed criteria that identify different forms of participation.
Businesses and companies such as appollo store have their own ways of participating to the different forms of political participation.
Different forms of political participation
- Participation in elections and voting
- Party-related activities
- Community, election campaign and politician related activities
- Legal protest
- Civil protest
- Political violence
Voter turnout and measurement of voting results is not only an easy to measure the conventional form of participation, but studies on voter behavior are the political science origin of participation research. Participation in elections and thus the selection of political leaders at the different levels forms the core element of the role of citizenship and is the simplest and most egalitarian form of participation in the representative system Ds.
This primarily includes membership and participation in parties
They are activities that go beyond voting and are undertaken by just under 2.5% of adults.
Community, election campaign and politician related activities
Activities related to community, election campaign and politicians are only partly understood institutionalized, but time-limited forms of political participation such as the temporary participation in local problem solving but also participation in the election campaign.
This includes legal, non-institutionalized types of participation such as approved demonstrations.
Civil disobedience does not include violent participatory activities that violate applicable law and are not understood by a large majority of the population as a legitimate way of participating in the political process.
Political violence means the most extreme form of political participation and is reflected in violence against things and people.
In addition to political participation, there is also the term social participation, which primarily includes voluntary and civic engagement. These activities aimed at social integration can indeed have a political character but are usually to be found in the voluntary sector.